The world is in flux with technology, social and political change at an unprecedented rate.
Everyday there is a new headline that would have been unthinkable only a few years ago. COVID-19, Trump, climate change, arctic current reversal, murder hornets, the list goes on. It’s easy and understandable to feel apprehensive about the future. This course is for anyone who wants new ways to engage with the future and to move from confusion to empowerment. It is for emerging leaders and anyone who wants to:
- Make sense of the future in practical ways
- Learn concrete strategies you can use alone or with your team to understand the future
- Connect the future with present day actions
- Use the image of the future to help tackle problems creatively
- Find alignment between you, your work and the change you want in the world
This is the first public offering of an online course previously run with emerging leaders in Victorian state government. Limited availability.
Value for money
This is a $500 course which we offer at a discount so that it is available to as many people as possible, in what we know are financially trying times. We are able to offer this discount as this course is self-guided.
Each module comes with:
- A video (approximately 15-20 min each module)
- Examples for each lesson
- A pdf overview that explains key concepts
- Journal reflection questions
- You will also be invited to join our slack group, and we will provide technical support if you have any troubles accessing content.
What’s in the course?
- Module 1: What does systemic leadership mean? An intro to the systemic leadership triangle.
- Module 2: The Futures Landscape, an essential audit tool to understand future-readiness.
- Module 3: All about alternative futures and scenarios, and the cognitive science behind thinking about the future.
- Module 4: Jim Dator’s 4 Futures Model, a quick way to consider alternative futures.
- Module 5: Sensing and sense-making, the thinking behind identifying trends, weak signals and emerging issues.
- Module 6: The Futures Wheel, an easy to use tool to extrapolate cause and effect and identify future implications.
- Module 7: Three Horizons of Change. An advanced method for mapping change and developing robust strategic pathways that align with our preferred future.
Themes in the course:
- The inter (cognitive-emotional) and outer (practice) foresight journey
- Human blind-spots and challenges in thinking about the future
- Mapping change and anticipating change
- Leadership and foresight
- Systems, wicked problems and complexity
- Used Futures
- Transitions and change dynamics
If you are ready to take the course you can enrol HERE
If you are interested in being part of a live learning cohort, get in contact with us.